By Li Wei
- Provides a accomplished creation to this interdisciplinary box of analysis and perform, facing useful problems with language and communication
- Takes a problem-solving procedure, introducing scholars to key examine questions and guiding them during the quite a few methods of tackling these
- Features extra learn aids all through, together with bankruptcy outlines, studying targets, key phrases, study questions and solutions, research questions, and prompt extra readings
- Enables scholars to spot every-day language and conversation concerns, and to attract all alone own experiences
- Edited by way of a number one determine within the box, heading up an skilled and interdisciplinary workforce of members from the well known division of utilized linguistics at Birkbeck university, college of London – leading to special mix of data, talents, and energy from students who educate and study together
Read or Download Applied Linguistics (Introducing Linguistics) PDF
Best linguistics books
It is a useful advisor for either starting and verified linguists who've been requested via attorneys to deal with the language matters of their civil and felony instances. writer Roger W. Shuy bargains with problems with the best way to turn into knowledgeable, how one can begin and deal with a convention of consulting on legislations situations, the best way to deal with the difficulty ethics, the way to paintings with attorneys, write experiences, affidavits, and take part effectively in depositions, direct exam, and move exam at trial.
This e-book presents factors for the emergence of touch languages, specifically pidgins and creoles. It assesses the present nation of study and examines elements of present theories and methods that experience excited a lot controversy and debate. The ebook solutions questions similar to: How legitimate is the proposal of a pidgin-creole-postcreole lifestyles cycle?
This is often the first-ever serious historical past of sociology in Britain, written by way of one of many world's best students within the box. well known British sociologist, A. H. Halsey, offers a brilliant and authoritative photo of the overlook, enlargement, fragmentation, and explosion of the self-discipline in the past century.
During this entire survey of the theories, tools, and key findings inside of utilized linguistics, scholars are brought to center examine questions and many of the methods to tackling those. presents a accomplished creation to this interdisciplinary box of analysis and perform, facing functional problems with language and communique Takes a problem-solving procedure, introducing scholars to key learn questions and guiding them throughout the numerous methods of tackling those positive aspects extra learn aids all through, together with bankruptcy outlines, studying goals, key words, study questions and solutions, research questions, and steered additional readings allows scholars to spot every-day language and communique concerns, and to attract on their lonesome own studies Edited via a number one determine within the box, heading up an skilled and interdisciplinary staff of participants from the popular division of utilized linguistics at Birkbeck collage, college of London – leading to targeted mix of information, talents, and power from students who train and learn jointly
- A Critique of Politeness Theory: Volume 1: v. 1 (Encounters (Manchester, England).)
- Constituent Structure (Oxford Surveys in Syntax & Morphology)
- Stance: Sociolinguistic Perspectives (Oxford Studies in Sociolinguistics)
- Pragmatics and Corpus Linguistics: A Mutualistic Entente (Mouton Series in Pragmatics [MSP])
- Fremde Sprachen. Ihre Strukturen und Besonderheiten (German Edition)
Extra info for Applied Linguistics (Introducing Linguistics)
Applied Linguistics (Introducing Linguistics) by Li Wei